Kayaking, Caving, Rock Climbing or Abseiling Adventure
The Adventure Merchants
Select a Deal
Abseiling, Kayaking, Caving or Rock Climbing Experience
One Person (Ages 10+)
$55Valued at $99Save 44% Off
About the Experience
- Whitewater kayaking, caving, rock climbing or abseiling adventure
- See activity descriptions below!
- Safety equipment and instruction provided
- Valid for one person (ages 10+)
- Available on selected Saturdays and Sundays - check availability here
- Experience the thrill of abseiling in the You yangs regional park, located only 45 minutes from Melbourne!
- You'll be equipped with harnesses and helmets and taken through a safety demonstration
- Guided by your instructor you will be tied in securely via two ropes; your abseil line, which you will control and also a safety line, which is controlled by an instructor
- You can enjoy as many abseils as you can fit into the session while taking in the breathtaking scenery of the You Yangs regional park and the surrounding areas
- Meet in the Big Rock car park, You Yangs Regional Park, Vic (follow the signs for Big Rock once you have entered the park)
Rock Climbing (You Yangs)
- You will have the opportunity to climb multiple routes, learn climbing techniques and enjoy an action packed few hours
- Learn from qualified and experienced climbing instructors who will give you tips to improve your technique throughout the session
- All equipment is included as well as climbing shoes, which enable you to gain more traction on the rock and make learning to climb much easier!
- The cliff face is surrounded by beautiful 360 degree views and the park is rich in aboriginal heritage, so there is plenty to explore before and after your rock climbing adventure!
- Meeting point is at Turntable car park in the You Yangs Regional Park, located just outside of Little River (around 45 minutes from Melbourne)
- Formed over thousands of years of water erosion, these huge granite boulders jumbled on top of each other house a unique eco-system of glow worms, cave crickets and fungi, amongst others
- Wade through subterranean rivers, crawl through some tight squeezes, negotiate your way over chasms and view the beautiful glow worms
- There are multiple exits and entries to the cave system, which enables even the most claustrophobic of people to have an enjoyable time
- Remember this is not your average guided walk-around caving experience - this is adventure caving or Spelunking as it is otherwise called! You will be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy
- Meet in the car park adjacent to Park Road in Yarra Junction (at the footy oval). Please do not drive to the caves
- Paddle down Melbourne’s very own Yarra River from the seat of a two-man inflatable kayak!
- Experience grade 2 whitewater kayaking from the seat of a two-man inflatable kayak. Tackle Bobs rock and pinball rapid!
- Challenge yourself as you paddle down the rapids whilst negotiating the twists and turns of the mighty Yarra!
- The experienced team will demonstrate how to paddle and steer the kayak, then it’s two adrenaline-packed hours on grade 2 rapids
- Be prepared for more than a little splashing as you paddle through the rapids and breaking waves carving their way through gorges and valleys full of native bush land. The kayaks we use are very stable and forgiving so it is suitable for total beginners to navigate their way down the rapids
- *The water level is lower in summer months which make the rapids more technical. For a wild ride we recommend coming along during winter months when the water level is generally much higher with large waves and furious rapids!
- Meet at the car park at the very end of Lower homestead road, Wonga park, Melbourne
The Adventure Merchants
The Adventure Merchants, ranked #6 of 53 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Melbourne, are the masters at creating thrilling Melbourne-based experiences to get you out of your comfort zone. As one of the trusted names in adventure sports, you can rest assured you're in safe hands!Visit Website
AddressLocation Varies Based on Activity Melbourne VIC 3000
The Fine Print
Deal Valid Until
Voucher valid for a whitewater kayaking, caving, rock climbing (You Yangs) or abseiling adventure. Valid for one person (ages 10+)
Available on selected Saturdays and Sundays - check availability here
Conditions of the Deal
- Kayaking: Maximum weight 120kg per person. Under 18s must be supervised and be a minimum of 10 years old. You will be required to carry the kayak a short distance from the vehicle to the river. You must have an average level of fitness. Closed toed footwear essential (no thongs or flip flops). Dress for the weather, please avoid wearing cotton in cooler months. Bring a water bottle, sunglasses and sunscreen, camera (Our helmets have Go Pro mounts), towel and full change of clothes for after the kayaking (Note: there are no changing facilities or toilets at the location)
- Abseiling: No experience required. Ages 10+. Maximum weight 115kg. Adults to accompany children under the age of 18. Own transport to the site is essential. Closed toed footwear essential (no thongs or flip flops). Dress for the weather conditions. Bring a water bottle, sunglasses and sunscreen, and camera (Our helmets have go pro mounts). Includes park fees
- Rock Climbing (You Yangs): Ages 10+. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Weight limit is 110kg. Average level of fitness required. There is a short hike to the climb site. No previous experience required. Closed toed footwear is essential (for hike in). Bring a water bottle, sunglasses and sunscreen, and comfortable clothing, please dress for the weather
- Adventure Caving: Ages 10+. Participants must be under 110kg and must be physically able to fit through parts of the cave. You will need to make your own way to the cave (there is a gravel road up to the cave which is suitable for normal cars). Closed toed footwear are essential. Old clothes you don't mind getting wet and dirty (they will get filthy). We highly recommend that you wear long sleeves and long pants to protect you from scratches. Please bring a full change of clothes including footwear and a towel for after the caving. Camera or GoPro if you want to take pictures (Adventure Merchants accept no responsibility if your camera gets damaged)
- Maximum 10 vouchers per booking. Vouchers for this offer are limited and subject to availability. Not valid with any other offer. Entire voucher must be used in one visit. Full terms and conditions are located on the terms and conditions page of our website
How to Redeem
- After purchasing, click ‘Redeem Now’ on your order confirmation page, or via your account
- You will be redirected to The Adventure Merchants website to complete your order
- Select 'Instant Book' and your chosen activity
- Select desired date and time and enter voucher number in the promo code box
- Present printed or smartphone voucher upon arrival
- If purchasing via our app or redeeming a gift voucher, visit https://bit.ly/3wPEyRV and follow the above instructions to redeem
Changes to Booking
- If you need to reschedule your booking a $15 per person rebooking fee applies if the cancellation is seven days or more from the experience date, or $30 per person if the cancellation is within seven days of the activity
- The Adventure Merchants reserve the right to void any bookings that are no-shows on the day
All changes and cancellations are subject to our standard Refund Policy